Plastic Free July
If you haven’t started yet, now is the time to implement change and be more conscious of how plastic use is damaging our future.
From production to consumption we need to adopt positive changes to minimise pollution in our ecosystems. Remember, animals are not the only ones at risk of being harmed by or consuming plastic waste — humans also unknowingly digest microplastics that makes its way through the system to our tables.
We challenge you to make the necessary changes and be part of the solution.
Here are some tips on what you can do:
- Carry re-usable shopping bags
- Drink your coffee from a re-usable cup
- Cut out plastic bottled beverages
- Avoid plastic straws
- Choose wine bottled in glass with natural cork stoppers
- Avoid buying clothes made with plastic
- Shop at a farmer’s market or store that offers foods in paper bags, rather than plastic
- Compost your food waste
- Stop smoking — or at least use a refillable lighter (also consider what cigarette butts do to animals…)
- Give up gum, yes it is plastic!
This is just a start. There are 100s more ways in which you can reduce your use of single-use plastics.
#Refuse #Reduce #Reuse #Repurpose #PlasticFreeJuly #PlasticFreeEveryDay